If the summer sun and heat are wreaking havoc on your skin, trust us, you’re not alone! Between the pool, beach and summertime activities even the most conscious sunscreen wearer can get the dreaded burn. If this happens to you, have no fear, we have some tips on how to soothe and heal your skin, and of course, advice on how to prevent it from happening again.
- It’s happened…..You got too much sun and now you have a sunburn. What your skin needs most is healing and replenishment. One of our favorite products post sun exposure is our Strawberry Smash Double Moisturizer. We call this a double moisturizer because it has Shea Butter + it is chock full of Aloe Vera. Aloe, as we all know, will give you that “cooling” relief your skin needs when burnt and will help calm inflammation. Burnt skin is also dry and dehydrated which is where the Shea Butter comes into play. If you apply moisturizer liberally post sun exposure it could help to minimize the peeling process. This moisturizer is also packed with vitamins, has a silky texture, and smells like fresh picked strawberries!
2. Guac Star Avocado Mask is next on our list. We love it because it’s packed with fresh avocado butter which helps protect the outermost layer of our skin from environmental damage. This mask is deeply hydrating and ingredients like Goji Berry and Green Tea help soothe and are anti-inflammatory. This mask is gentle enough to use everyday.
Pro Tip: If you have a burn or have under-eye puffiness, keep this mask in the fridge! The coolness will help calm inflammation, redness, and is a quick under eye de-puffer.
3. Sometimes products just don’t cut it, and you may need to seek out a professional treatment that will bring relief to your skin. That’s where our all NEW Cucumber Steamer Cool Clarifying Facial comes into play. This treatment will help calm, soothe, hydrate and is anti-inflammatory. What more could you want? It’s rich in antioxidants which will help to neutralize free radicals and peptides that are anti-aging. It will leave you cool as a cucumber!
Let’s talk prevention. Even if you don’t burn, the sun’s rays still damage your skin. In fact, 90% of our extrinsic aging comes from the sun’s rays, YIKES! The number one thing you can do for the health of your skin is to use an SPF of 30+ every day of the year. Our house favorite is the Glo Moisturizing Tint SPF 30+. We love this sunscreen because it’s like four products in one.
- It has a slight tint, so it gives you enough coverage to even out your skin tone.
- It acts as a primer. This sunscreen is fantastic to wear underneath your makeup to help give you that flawless complexion.
- It moisturizes!!! This is a great oil-free moisturizer, perfect for those hot summer days!
- Last, but not least……It protects your skin from the sun’s rays and will slow down the aging of your skin!
We hope you’ve learned a thing or two! As always, if you have questions please call us at (317) 882-1773 or comment below.